Originally constructed in 1914, as a then ‘state-of-the-art” facility, the vision was to bring this resource back to life after years of deferred maintenance, inappropriate modifications and damage by the elements. Reuse and restoration of the existing materials reduced building costs and conserved historic resources. As part of the community, public access not only provides additional revenue but long-term sustainable value.
As part of this project, the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. With education as well as architecture as the main areas of significance, this USGBC LEED Silver Certified building retains its integrity of location, design, materials, workmanship, and association while serving new generations of students with state-of-the-art classrooms.
BRW Architects is honored to have been a part of the restoration and additions to this important historical landmark, ready for the next century!
Be sure to stop by our booth (#1919) at the upcoming TASA/TASB Convention, October 2-4, 2015 at the Austin Convention Center.