Sonya is new to our Dallas office and we are glad to have her on board!
Sonya’s hometown is Grapevine, Texas. She graduated from Texas Tech University with a BS Arch. While at Tech, she traveled to Europe- Spain, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Italy. After graduating she took some time off to travel to India. Fall 2010, she moved to Chicago and attended IIT where she got her Masters in Architecture. Last August she moved back to Texas to be closer to family. Sonya got married in October to Michael, and they adopted a Shorkie named Talley.
1. Favorite Architect? – Daniel Burnham, also author of Plan of Chicago- It’s mind boggling to think of creating a city and to come up with a checklist for this “utopian society”.
2. Where is your dream destination? – Barcelona, Spain.
3. If you could choose one superhero power, what would it be and why? – To Apparate- Harry Potter Fans!? Being able to go from one place to another in just seconds.
4. When you’re not at the office, what are your hobbies? – Running, Brewing Beer and Tasting Beer, Cooking, Traveling, Photography
5. What inspires you? – Open spaces. It’s fascinating to look at an empty lot/ space and trying to figure out what was there or what will be there.