Katharine joined our Dallas office recently and has been a great asset to the team. Let’s take some time to get to know her a bit more.
Katharine Brookes Dike was named after her two aunts. She loves cities and building strong communities. She is a positive, hopeful person.
1. Who is your favorite Architect? – There are too many to choose from! But depending on my mood it is either Louis Kahn, Antoni Guadi, or Lina Bo Bardi.
2. Where is your dream destination? – I would like to take a VW Camper Van (like this one) from the United States to the tip of South America. I would like to stop in random towns, talk to random people, and explore random buildings.
3. If you could choose one superhero power, what would it be and why? – I feel like flying today. I would also need the ability to fly in and out of the earth’s atmosphere and breathe in space.
4. When you’re not at the office, what are your hobbies? – Singing. Photographing. Exploring. Hanging out in libraries and bars.
5. What inspires you? – People, problems, places, history. (and, of course, beautiful things.)